According to CDCP, the average hospital cost of a slip and fall is more than $30,000. That is quite a huge amount enough to destroy some of our insurances. What’s worse is that there are even more than one million people who have been reported to go to the emergency room each year due to slip and fall accidents and approximately one-third of older adults over 65 years old experience it at least once each year.
The seriousness of a fall often depends on the nature of the accident. It can lead to various complications such as bone fractures, long-term hospitalization, and loss of confidence or self-esteem which can lead to neglecting Personal Care tasks.
That is why as family members, you need to make sure that your loved ones will be assisted anytime whenever they move around the house, especially if your house is not necessarily safe for seniors to walk around.
Here’s how you can prevent it:
- Have regular vision checks and wear the right shoes.
- Exercise regularly and learn a simple head maneuver.
- Seek help from a physical therapist to minimize falling risks.
- Check your medications and avail Home Care Services in Colorado.
- Always stand up slowly after sitting or lying down and take a moment before moving.
If you need an extra helping hand in securing the health, safety, and well-being of your elderly loved ones, we at ARISE HOME HEALTH CARE INC are here to help. We are committed to providing reliable, dependable, and efficient home care and Home Health Care in Aurora, Colorado. So if you want to know more about our services, feel free to call us today.