Wound infections can happen to anyone whether you have a minor cut or a deep surgical wound. These can happen especially if a wound is not cared for properly. As a provider of home health care in Aurora, Colorado we make sure to look out for signs of wound infections.
Some common signs to look out for include:
- Discharge coming from the wound which may be yellow or green
- Persistent pain
- Swelling, redness, and a warm feeling in the skin surrounding the wound
- An unpleasant odor coming from the wound
- Fever, chills, nausea, or vomiting
A mild infection in a small wound can be treated at home. This usually involves cleaning the area, applying antiseptic ointment, and letting the wound dry before covering it with a gauze or bandage. However, a severe wound infection requires immediate medical attention.
Our personal care services include providing proper wound care to prevent infections. Here are some tips we practice:
- Wash the wound immediately and allow to air-dry
- Apply antiseptic ointment
- Protect the area with gauze or dressing
- Clean the wound and replace dressings regularly
Are you in need of home care services in Colorado? We at ARISE HOME HEALTH CARE INC. commit to providing reliable and efficient medical and non-medical home care.